• We are available for your help 24/7
  • Email: info@isindexing.com, submission@isindexing.com


Paper Details

A STUDY TO EXTRACT COMMON FACTORS FOUND IN LEARNING CHEMISTRY AT SENIOR SECONDARY LEVEL.

B.P. Singh ,

Journal Title:SCHOLARLY RECSEARCH JOURNAL FOR INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
Abstract


The present study was concerned with the extraction of comm on factors found in learning Chemistry at Senior Secondary level. A co - relation matrix was obtained from eighteen reliable and valid objective type tests taken into items and were distributed over the whole course. Investigator decided to use centric metho d for Factor Analysis of the correlation matrix because it involves less rigorous mathematical calculation and it was easy to interpret psychologically. Guilford and Laceys criterion was applied to test the validity of Factor VI. The product of two highes t factor loadings fell short of 1/?N. Hence the factor stood rejected. After factorization, it was observed that difference between the obtained and guessed communalities is more than 0.10, and then factor analysis was done afresh, starting with obtained c ommunalities without doing any adjustment in the diagonal cell. After first reiteration it was found that difference between the obtained and guessed communalities is less than 0.10. It was concluded that factor 1 constitutes 60% of the cognitive abilities in Chemistry while the other four factors contribute 40% of the total cognitive abilities in Chemistry.

Download