• We are available for your help 24/7
  • Email: info@isindexing.com, submission@isindexing.com


Paper Details

Human Saliva: A Prognostic, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tool-Kit

Human Saliva: A Prognostic, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tool-Kit

Abhimanyu Mohanta*

Journal Title:Acta Scientific Cancer Biology
Abstract


Saliva is an extracellular fluid produced and secreted by salivary glands in the mouth. About 93% by volume is secreted by the ma- jor salivary glands and the remaining 7% by the minor glands. In humans, biochemically, approximately 99% of saliva is water and the other 1% is composed of organic and inorganic molecules [1]. Organic substances include exfoliated epithelial cells (from which DNA can be extracted), white blood cells, mucus,, enzymes (such as amylase and lipase), antimicrobial agents such as secretory IgA, and lysozymes [2]. Saliva consists of both full-length and partially degraded forms of mRNA, its association with macromolecules may protect salivary RNA from degradation [3].