• We are available for your help 24/7
  • Email: info@isindexing.com, submission@isindexing.com


Paper Details

Effect of different plant growth regulators and micronutrients on fruit quality and plant micronutrient content of tomato

S.S. DESAI*, R.S. CHOVATIAAND VIRENDRA SINGH

Journal Title:International Journal of Agricultural Sciences
Abstract


An experiment was conducted to find out the effect of different plant growth regulators and micronutrient on fruit quality and micronutrient content of tomato at Horticulture Farm, Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh, Gujarat, India during 10 December, 2010 to 10 April, 2011. Eleven different treatments which consist of four plant growth regulators and three micronutrients were used, viz., T1= (Gibberellic Acid) @ 50 ppm, T2= (Gibberellic Acid) @ 75 ppm, T3= (Naphthalene acetic acid) @ 50 ppm, T4= (Naphthalene acetic acid) @ 75 ppm, T5= Boron 50 ppm, T6 = Boron 75 ppm,T7= Zinc 0.5%, T8= Zinc1%, T9=Iron 100 ppm, T10= Iron 150 ppm and T11 = Control (No application of plant growth regulator and micronutrients) in the study. The fruit quality and micronutrient content parameters in plant were significantly differed due to different plant growth regulators and micronutrient on tomato. The maximum acidity per cent (1.41%) and ascorbic acid (109.33 mg/lOOg pulp) were found in T4= (Naphthalene acetic acid) @ 75 ppm, maximum reducing sugars (1.68%), non-reducing sugars (1.98%), total sugars (3.67%) and TSS (4.33 OBrix) were found in treatment T2 (GA375 ppm), whereas maximum boron content (31.00 ppm), Fe content (31.00 ppm) and Zn content (22.33 ppm) were found in treatment T8 (Boric acid 75 ppm), T10 (FeSO4150 ppm) and T6 (ZnSO4 -1%), respectively the minimum for all the parameters were found in control treatment

Download