• We are available for your help 24/7
  • Email: info@isindexing.com, submission@isindexing.com


Paper Details

Diabetes Mellitus And Its Risk Factor - A Observational Study From Patan, North Gujarat

Diabetes Mellitus And Its Risk Factor - A Observational Study From Patan, North Gujarat

VYAS SHITAL I., CHIRAG A. ACHARYA

Journal Title:GLOBAL JOURNAL FOR RESEARCH ANALYSIS
Abstract


Introduction - The most common form of diabetes is type 2 diabetes. About 90 to 95 percent of people with diabetes have type 2. This form of diabetes is most often associated with older age, obesity, family history of diabetes, previous history of gestational diabetes, physical inactivity, and certain ethnicities. The study was conducted in the general hospital, Patan, District NCD cell and selective places in the Patan city covering a population of 500 from January, 2013 to July, 2013 Methodology- This study will be carried out by interviewing patients with type-2 Diabetes while visiting a pre-selected unit. The patients will be interviewed at the time OPD when they came for routine consultations with doctors.Some of the study will be done population base or door to door survey in various areas. Result-The prevalence of type-1 diabetes mellitus was 3% and the prevalence of type-2 diabetes mellitus was 97% of 500 samples studied including male and female. The Maximum prevalence was in the 51-60 yrs. age group 17.50% male and 14.57% female with a total of 32.07%. The obesity in the type-2 variety was 68.5% is significantly high. The age, BMI, obesity, stress, family history was correlated positively for prevalence of diabetes in both male and female. Summary-Diabetes has become a major health problem in Gujarat in order to assess the magnitude of the problem and its impact on health and economy of the state we must have all information about the prevalence of type-2 Diabetes in Gujarat

Download